Friday, December 16, 2005

What the Hell Was I Thinking?

I was presented with the choice of spending New Year's Eve in San Diego going to a party or bar that probably didn't interest me too much or going to Vail with one of my buddies and 4 girls. At the end of my last entry, I was definitely leaning towards being the old cheap bastard (OCB) and staying around San Diego. But somewhere between now and then, I came to my senses and realized that I was being a complete idiot. Yes, I know that Vail is a complete rip-off and violates my ski ethic. But there are several arguments against being the OCB. One, apart from a trip to Alta last January, I pretty much missed the last 5 ski seasons due to Navy commitments or disappointing northeast winters. So I owe it to myself to splurge this year. Second and more importantly, I'd be passing on toasting in the New Year combining my two favorite things, women and skiing. So San Diego, you lose and I'm heading to Vail for New Years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.csac.org/Bulletins/Calif/esierra.php

Doug, -Good avy link above. Have fun in SLC/Vail! Tyler

Anonymous said...

Hi Dougie,

Awesome your stories!

Ciao from the Netherlands,
Janneke