Wednesday, December 14, 2005

To Vail or Not to Vail? That is the Question?

I just received an invitation to spend New Year's in Vail. You might think I'd be jumping at the opportunity...especially when you hear that the group would be composed of 2 guys and 4 girls. But I'm very much on the fence. One, its Vail, which is not the type of resort I like going to. I prefer the mountains where the reason people are there is to go skiing...not to spend all night at all the chique restaurants/bars and then fit in a few hours of skiing after sleeping in. Second, Vail's lift tickets this year are $81. That's outrageous! There is no way that mountain is worth $81. For another $18, I could go to Silverton where I'd be skiing steep terrain, have a guide, and be guaranteed powder. Plus, the cost of this trip would cut into the rest of the trips I have planned for the winter...Alta, Tahoe, and possibly Silverton. But maybe I'm just being a cheap, elitist ski-snob and I should get off my high horse and have a little fun!

No comments: