Friday, May 26, 2006

Training For a Triathlon


With a successful ski season coming to a close, I decided that I needed to find a new athletic challenge to get me through the summer. So I’ve recently started training for the Triathlon in Pacific Grove, CaliforniaMonterey) on September 9th. (near It's an olympic distance triathlon, composed of a 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, and a 6 mile run. I’ve told myself in the past that I was going to do a triathlon or a century bike ride. But as many of you know, I’m like the guy in “Rain Man. Once I get out of my workout routine, everything falls apart. And more than likely, it will be a whole month before I workout again. So I decided to join up with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training (TNT) program to train for the triathlon. Not only do I have a whole team to keep me working out, but I get to raise money for a great cause.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is a non-profit health organization dedicated to finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improving the quality of life for patients and their families. I've made it my personal goal to raise at least $5000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and I would love to have your support. Every donation that you make, no matter how small, will help in the search for a cure to blood cancers. 75% of your donation will go directly to research and patient services. If you would like to donate, you can make an online donation by visiting my personal Team in Training webpage: http://www.active.com/donate/tntsdh/leister

Be sure to come back to the blog throughout the summer for updates on my training and fundraising! Thank you for your support.

No comments: